Monday, November 30, 2015

The Highs and Lows of Running

I got what felt like a great run in this evening.  Since it gets dark at essentially noon these days, we went to the gym after work.  My right hamstring was sore, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  I put it at a 0.5 incline (always the default minimum for me) and started at about a 8:27 mile pace.  After a mile, it felt better, so I bumped it up to 7:41.  A mile later I bumped it to to 7:30, then the last couple miles I was all over the board.  After a total of 5 miles, I averaged about 7:48 per mile pace.  These are my favorite kind of runs - I love anything tempo, or progression, where the last 10-15 minutes is brutal.  I was a sweaty mess and I couldn't have been happier.

So this run brought good and bad out.  I was zapped when we got home, and Jess had the perfect answer - delivery pizza!  I imagine after burning roughly 700 calories tonight that I will eat a piece or two or 3/4 of the whole damn thing, along with the majority of the dessert we ordered.


But I also had a little bit of the bad - my PF is aggravating me a little tonight.  Not bad, nothing that I anticipate will slow me down soon, but enough to just kind of piss me off.  Fortunately, I bought this contraption recently called the Strassburg Sock.  It's supposed to keep the foot positioned correctly instead of letting the toes and foot fall to it's normal state, and was built specifically for PF.  I hope it works, as it wasn't all that cheap, but being my first real wear it doesn't feel too bad.


I know, it's pretty sexy.  But back off ladies - I am happily married!

Left, right, repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment