Thursday, November 26, 2015

Gobble Gobble

Jess and I did our first ever Turkey Trot today.  Not only that, but Jess knocked about two minutes off her PR.  So proud!

It was a great day to be in Noblesville and everyone was rambunctious.  This was the 8th running of the turkey trot, benefiting a location foundation.  The race was fun, with a pretty decent course - the first half of the course was bland but I always like running through Forest Park which was the last mile or so.



Here's my dilemma:  everyone talks about doing turkey trots, and how it burns off the calories early, so you don't feel as bad later on when you stuff yourself full of stuffing.  Exactly what I need because I love eating everything in sight, all day long, on Thanksgiving.  I went into the morning thinking that this race would bank me a few hundred calories and give my body a head start for what I was going to do to it later.  What a great idea!

Here's the issue:  after the race, friends talked us into going to a local diner for breakfast.  I proceeded to eat two pancakes covered in syrup, two scrambled eggs, and two pieces of bacon.  So long, banked calories.  Hello, food coma.

Oh well.  No need to fret about calories and food and all that today.  Time now to throw the bird in the oven and start thinking about the yummy goodness that will be coming in about 4 hours.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment