Friday, November 27, 2015

Black Friday

Hit the gym this afternoon, and immediately felt the leftovers of Thanksgiving.  Not the good leftovers, like the leftovers that Jess and I had for lunch.  Oh no, this was the extra leftover weight and everything FROM all the Thanksgiving treats.  All the turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and bread from yesterday (and from lunch today) came back and hit me.  It also made me question if eating 1.5 pieces of peanut butter pie last night, followed by the other 1.5 pieces this morning for breakfast, was a good idea.


Jess and I got to the gym around 1:30 today.  I figured it would be packed, but as we pulled up we realized there was nobody there!  The parking lot was empty and the two rows of treadmills were quiet.  As we were finishing our workouts, more people started showing up, but I'm guessing the weather kept people away.  I ran 5.5 progression miles before hitting the mats to do some push ups and planks.  I figured my body deserved it after all the crap I have eaten the last couple days.

And how do I celebrate a solid workout today?  By going to Syd's tonight and eating an entire pig, a baked potato, and a couple beers.  Guess I just will never learn...

No comments:

Post a Comment