Monday, April 9, 2012

Well.... awkward attempt at blogging!

I am starting this blog to keep everyone updated on my marathon training.  I am signed up to run the Indianapolis Monumental marathon on Saturday, November 3rd.  I have ran many races of different lengths; on May 5th I will be running my 12th ever half marathon (13.1 miles) for the Indianapolis 500 program, and in September I will be running the half marathon at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH.  I have ran one full marathon, back in 2007, but don't really classify it as a good run.  My training was bad, I didn't keep to my race goals ... and it ended in a bad experience.  My time was 3:49 (yeah, three hours and forty-nine minutes of 26.2 mile torture!). 

However, over the last year I have had an itch to try again (this time with better planning) and in March, I finally got the courage to sign up for the Monumental (thanks, Jess, for the encouragement!).  And to keep my goals on track, I decided this would be a great time to "fundrace" for a charity I have followed for 4 years - Back on My Feet.  Now not only do I have personal goals to shoot for, but I have people counting on me to keep up my end of the bargain.  Bring on the pressure!

So lets do this!  First blog ever is wrapping up after a solid run with Greg McCormick this evening.  A great 6 mile effort into a strong head wind.  Followed up by dinner prepared by Jess (uh yeah, you guys read that right!) and now resting the night away in my compression sleeves (best running product ever)!

Check back often ... I am relying on each of you to bug me if you don't see me posting about many workouts!  I need YOU to keep me motivated and on track as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment