Wednesday, April 11, 2012

23 days...

I just had my countdown reminder pop up telling me it is 23 days and 23 hours until the Indianapolis 500 mini marathon (13.1 miles). Random reminder was my first thought. But then I thought more about how this year, for the first time ever, I haven't really been counting down for that race. Of course I am excited about it - it's ranks as one of my favorite race for many reasons. The "energy" of the runners and crowd supporters before and during the race. The volunteers who help out. The fact that the race has 35,000 runners (it's the largest half marathon in the US). And it's the race I circle on my calendar as MY big race of the year ... the one that I always want to "PR" (personal record).

But not this year. The full in November has taken over. I am pumped about attempting 26.2 miles! And I am pumped about helping with Back on My Feet! Thank you to everyone who has donated already!

And now time for my life insurance physical. Safe to say, I'd rather be running!

Left, right, repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment