Wednesday, April 18, 2012

LSD?

Beautiful night to run this evening! Not a cloud in the sky, no breeze, somewhere around 70 degrees. Got a solid six mile run at a pace much faster than I had planned, especially after last night's tempo run. And then it hit me... I realized why this marathon will be tough.

I have no doubt I can run 26.2 miles. I have done it once before, even though it was five years ago. The worry I have is about LSD (long slow distance). In training for half marathons and shorter races I do all my runs at a fairly quick speed ... faster than what most training programs call for. Tonight's run was at a 7:22 pace. But the long miles are suppose to be slooooow. To build ip endurance and prepare the mind and body for what it's like to run for hours on end. Like 9 minutes per mile or slower. I don't know if I can purposely reduce my time on longer runs. That part will be my toughest challenge.

Time will tell (literally) but guess I will have to try. We will see....

Left, right, repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment