Sunday, May 1, 2016

It's Race Week!

We are 5 days, 11 hours, and 26 minutes away from the One America Indy 500 Mini Marathon!  I remember blogging months ago about there being 75 or some odd days left and how things were going to get serious.  So where the hell did the time go?

Am I ready?  I think so.  My training as been on point this spring, outside of roughly two weeks where my ankle was weird.  Going to the doctor, getting the x-ray and putting my mind at ease is what I needed.  I don't feel that it has completely healed, but I believe the support with the brace has helped and has helped me stay focused without as much worry.  There is time to heal next week.

My training has included a little of everything.  Multiple runs of 10+ miles, fartleks, easy runs, mile repeats, and even one minute intervals.  And a lot of that has sucked.  Those one minute intervals really do help, but damn, do they hurt!?  I feel like my short speed has been at levels that I haven't had in years, as was evident with the Durbin Classic 5k race last month.  And I have logged more longer runs this spring than years past.

However, I am a little nervous.  I always am for this race.  It is THE race each year.  Am I ready?  Is my speed going to hold up for a longer duration?  Will my mind stay calm and I can stay focused?  I have a goal - I want to be Top 500.  Is that too aggressive?  All I know is I have done the miles, done the speed work, and the weather appears to be decent to start the race.  The rest is up to me!

However, I did spot this guy this morning on my 10 mile run.  Hopefully it isn't a sign or what my pace is going to be like Saturday



Left, right, repeat

No comments:

Post a Comment